My Top 8 Scary Movie List After Watching Lots!

 

                                                              Photo by Vino Li on Unsplash


Dear Readers,

Okay!  I watched a lot of scary movies since writing you all last.  Here are my final 7 that I would recommend to watch per Halloween season.  A couple are not scary per se, but interesting and well suited for the Halloween season (Beetlejuice.)  Some did not make my list-- Psycho was well done (as written about in my previous post) but not a movie I will watch year after year.  Some were better than I thought they would be in terms of an analysis (Texas Chainsaw Massacre) but too gory for me.  I prefer classic haunted house movies or ones with a twist like Six Sense or ones that have historic settings like Sleepy Hollow.

1. Sixth Sense

2. The Conjuring (the first is the best one)

3. Hocus Pocus (I did not review the second one... I wanted to but they needed you to get a Disney subscription...) 

4. Sleepy Hollow (I like the Johnny Depp version best)

5. The Exorcist 

6. The Shining

7. Beetlejuice

Happy Halloween everyone!  Feel free to write to me with any questions!

All My Best,

Dina


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honoring Zora Neale Hurston: African-American Writer and Anthropologist

Tell Me a Story: Close Range: Wyoming Stories by Annie Proulx

Tell Me a Story: Next Read, Flannery O'Connor