Tell Me a Story Halloween Special Series: Top Scary Movies!

 


                                                    Photo by Łukasz Nieścioruk on Unsplash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who know me, or are getting to know me through this blog, I LOVE scary stories!  I do believe in spirits and I do believe in an afterlife.  I do not think a person just dies... rather there is a separation.  I can write more about the topic on the after life in a future blog.

So....

I know I said I would be writing about books... but many movies are based on books!  In celebration of Halloween, I decided to see what lists were out there in terms of top scary movies.  I am picky about my scary movies... I used to be an acquisitions editor for a company called Short Cinema Journal in Los Angeles and screened lots of amazing films.

I think it is difficult to create a great scary film... sometimes the acting is weak, or the plot is weak, the setting or atmosphere not effective.  

Here is the list I decided on: The Top 100 Halloween movies of All-time  This list was compiled by IMBD.

I scrolled through and decided to start with five or so that looked good.  I have watched them already and so for my next few October Sunday blogs I will review them! 

The first one next Sunday:  Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho.  I finally watched it!  Therefore this October blog series on scary films will be temporarily titled:  Show Me a Story.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honoring Zora Neale Hurston: African-American Writer and Anthropologist

Tell Me a Story: Close Range: Wyoming Stories by Annie Proulx

Tell Me a Story: Next Read, Flannery O'Connor