Tell Me a Story: Isabel Allende's The House of the Spirits

 


Dear Readers,

I am going to shift gears and use my writing blog, Tell Me a Story, as a way to help you guys find great books to read.  I hope they change and move you as they have changed and moved me.

Every Sunday, I will create a new post and include a book I recommend you read.  Some will be old, some will be new. 

This week I will be posting the novel I spoke about for our July read.  Moving forward, I will be shifting to Tell Me a Story focusing on short story collections.  

I highly encourage you to check out one of my favorite author's novel, The House of the Spirits.  It is written in the style of magical realism and tells the story of several generations of a family in post-colonial Chile.  

Let me know what you think of the book when you finish reading it or feel free to post questions in the comment section.

Happy Reading!

Dina


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honoring Zora Neale Hurston: African-American Writer and Anthropologist

Tell Me a Story: Close Range: Wyoming Stories by Annie Proulx

Tell Me a Story: Next Read, Flannery O'Connor