Good Morning America just featured a piece on the rise of audio books. I agree that audio books count as, "reading." I want book lovers around the world to keep their minds active, to enjoy their imagination, to travel to new lands and gain insights that impact their life whether in written form or audio. We originally come from oral storytelling anyway!!!!
One of my favorite books of all time is, Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston. Zora's novel follows the quest of her heroine, Janie Crawford, and is considered a classic of the Harlem Renaissance. Today, we celebrate Martin Luther King, Junior who was clearly a strong and heroic leader. But I also want to celebrate authors and artists such as a Zora Neale Hurston who also contributed to a better understanding of what being African-American is like. What being human and struggling is like. More can be found here: https://www.biography.com/writer/zora-neale-hurston Photograph: Courtesy of Photographer Van Vechten, Carl (1880-1964)
Comments
Post a Comment