Skip to main content

Blog Pause As I Work on New Novel this Summer

 

                                                                                    



This is a photo I took yesterday while visiting a garden in Rainbow Park here in Chicago.  Nature is a major theme in my books and in my life.  Here-- look at the shape of these flowers--  I love their puffiness.  

I also appreciate the Chicago Park District working so hard so us residents can enjoy nature even among lots of buildings!

I am going to be taking a break from working on my blog to focus on writing my new novel this summer and also prepping for the publication of my novella, Mary's Wings.  I had hoped to publish it this past spring but I had to postpone it.  

I give my blog a lot of thought since I know you are all busy and I just don't to write garbage just to have something up each week.  I respect you all too much for that!  I do have lots of ideas for topics once I start up again.. will keep you posted.

In the meantime, feel free to like my author Facebook page which I update/post to weekly.  This past week I focused on gun violence and what happened in Japan.  Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/dinarabadibooks/

Feel free to comment with any questions or suggestions on writing/literature related topics you would like me to cover.  I hope you all use summer to read some great books!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Writing Process: How much of your story is true?

October 12, 2025 Dear Readers, I wanted to share about my writing process in these next few posts before I return to sharing books I am interested in and think you will be interested in.   A lot of times, I am asked, "How much of this is true..."  I think many beginning writers do write about experiences they have literally had-- that actually existed and is more thinly cloaked as fiction.  As a professional writer , this question is more complicated to answer since more of my writing now (fiction that is) is not so much about me but perhaps a person I met at one point who inspired a character, or some theme that I myself have been grappling with or a subject such as Arab immigration that I experienced but retold in a way that was different than what I actually experienced. So if you are an emerging writer as well as reader, feel free to write about literal experiences.  Just be careful not to write about someone in explicit detail without their permission....

Honoring Zora Neale Hurston: African-American Writer and Anthropologist

One of my favorite books of all time is, Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston.  Zora's novel follows the quest of her heroine, Janie Crawford, and is considered a classic of the Harlem Renaissance.  Today, we celebrate Martin Luther King, Junior who was clearly a strong and heroic leader.  But I also want to celebrate authors and artists such as a Zora Neale Hurston who also contributed to a better understanding of what being African-American is like.  What being human and struggling is like. More can be found here: https://www.biography.com/writer/zora-neale-hurston Photograph:  Courtesy of Photographer Van Vechten, Carl (1880-1964)

Taking a Time Out

Dear Readers, Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!  I will be taking some time off from my blog to focus on publishing two of my manuscripts.   Please continue reading!   I will be back! All My Best, Dina